Get instant access to our Disability Awareness: Working with People with Disabilities Course!
Trainers will present a comprehensive view of Disability Awareness in this online course, because people with disabilities represent a significant and largely underutilized resource for so many businesses. This course will give supervisors, managers, and human resource consultants tools and tips for creating a diverse workplace, and leveraging the skills and knowledge that disabled people have to offer.
During this course, participants will learn to:
- Prepare to welcome people with disabilities into their workplace
- Interact with people with disabilities
- Identify and overcome barriers in the workplace
- Use respectful, appropriate, acceptable language in any circumstance
- Understand what their company can do during hiring and interviewing
- Understand what job accommodation is and how it applies in their workplace
- Enrol now and start today!
- Easy to follow, interactive learning
- 365 days access to your course
- Printable certificate of completion to hang on your wall and take to your next job interview
- Learn on your PC, Smart Phone, Tablet and iPad
Session One: Course Overview
Session Two: Defining Terms
- What are Disabilities?
- About Stereotypes
- Some Common Phrases and the Stereotypes Behind Them
Session Three: Misconceptions and Realities
Session Four: A Business Case
- Getting Into It
Session Five: Dissecting Labels
- Giving Your Words Some Thought
- Being Practical
- Mingle with Me
Session Six: Accessibility
- Physical Access
- Case Studies
Session Seven: The Cornerstones of Diversity
- About the Cornerstones
Session Eight: Pre-Assignment Review
Session Nine: Encouraging Diversity by Hiring
- What Can We Ask?
- What Can the Candidate Expect?
Session Ten: Using the STOP Technique
- The Four Steps
- Making Connections
Session Eleven: Communication Essentials for Disability Awareness
- Ground Rules to Get Started
- Respecting Confidentiality
- Preparing Documentation
Session Twelve: Communication Styles
- Dichotomies in Theory
- Dichotomies in Action
Session Thirteen: Critical Conversations
- Introductory Elements
- Getting the Conversation Started
- Taking it One Step Further
Session Fourteen: How Do We Make It Happen?
- How Far Do You Go In Accommodation?
- Value of Job Shadows
- Recommended Reading List
- Post-Course Assessment
- Pre- and Post-Assessment Answer Keys
- Personal Action Plan