Course at a glance
The nationally recognised Certificate II in Applied Digital Technologies prepares you for entry-level roles in information technology across a range of industries and foundational computer skills that can be used in any workplace where computer skills are needed.
- Data Entry Clerk
- Systems Administration Assistant
- Help Desk Support
- Software Tester
- Systems Tester
- ICT20120 Certificate II in Applied Digital Technologies
All States and Territories
Ways to study
- Study while at school
- Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
Full course cost $1,980.00
10% discount for upfront payment
3 Month Plan
6 X Payments $330.00
6 Month Plan
12 X Payments $165.00
Full RPL $1270
Finance is available to approved purchasers.
What You’ll Learn
The Australian ICT industry is valued at $100 billion according to JobOutlook.gov.au. Kick start your career with IT skills that lead to a host of job opportunities or future study. This course will give you the foundational computer skills so you can start your next job with confidence, showing that you know your way around the PC and use regularly used applications like a boss! Put yourself ahead of other job seekers or co-workers and show what you can do with today's technology.
On completion take your career further with courses like :
- Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology
- Certificate IV in Information Technology
- Certificate IV in Support
- Certificate IV in Web-Based Technologies
- Certificate IV in Networking
- Certificate IV in Programming
- Certificate IV in Cyber Security
Use Operating Systems
- Kick it off with learning how to get around the desktop, window snapping, keyboard shortcuts and file management
Communicating in a work environment
- If poor communication can impact stress levels, deadlines, morale, health and the bottom line negatively, then good communication can have a positive effect. Learn how to communicate effectively using current technology.
- Managing software on a PC is pretty simple, once you know how. So let's make sure you know how and stop calling the IT guy every time you want to change something. You know he's gonna make you turn it off and on again before he does any real work anyway. Let's learn how to get the software from a reliable source and get it running. All without a single reboot.
- You always knew there was more that Word, Excel and PowerPoint could do more but you didn't know how. Learn how to create some impressive workplace documents with images, headers and footers, work with templates and make some useful charts in Excel that we can use in our letters and emails. Have them saying, "How did you make that?"
Spam and destructive software
- Wow, you just found out that you had a relative in Nigeria that recently passed and wants to send you a share of their $8million fortune. Great news! Or is it? Learn how to detect scams, stop spam from flooding your mailbox and how to protect your precious PC from bugs, spyware and ransomware and learn some cyber-security basics.
About the Course
The Certificate II in Applied Digital Technologies qualification is made up of 12 units comprising 6 core units plus 6 elective units. The six core units are designed to provide a solid ICT skills base in the workplace. The remaining 6 units allow students to move into various streams of interest within the Cert II framework that will complement their current work roles or propel them towards their career goals. Below are the units currently included in our online learning course.
BSBWHS211 Contribute to the health and safety of self and others
BSBSUS211 Participate in sustainable work practices
ICTICT213 Use computer operating systems and hardware
ICTICT214 Operate application software packages
ICTICT215 Operate digital media technology packages
ICTICT206 Install software applications
ICTICT207 Integrate commercial computing packages
BSBTEC301 Design and produce business documents
BSBTEC302 Design and produce spreadsheets
BSBTEC303 Create electronic presentations
ICTSAS214 Protect devices from spam and destructive software
GET EXTRA GRADE 12 POINTS
If you need extra points to gain your senior certificate in your state of study, completing the ICT20120 qualification may gain you additional points. You can complete the Certificate II in Applied Digital Technologies either while you are at school or even after you have completed but and still need additional points to gain your Grade 12 Certificate.
You can either enrol online directly as a student with LearnMe or contact your school who can inquire on your behalf. Your school may already be part of our School Partnership Program. We are happy to speak to someone at your school on your behalf. Just contact us and we can discuss this with you.
To determine exactly how many Grade 12 points you might gain you should speak with the Student Pathways Coordinator at your school or contact your State’s department for Grade 12 such as the QCAA in Queensland.
Do you already have skills in IT? If so, you could be holding a nationally recognised qualification through our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process.
Getting your IT certificate is easy and you can do it right from your desk. Using our online skills recognition tool, we can easily take you step by step through proving your skills without you having to leave your home or office.
Our online trainer will guide you through the recognition process one simple step at a time. They will ask you some questions to prove your knowledge on each subject, and then you’ll have the to opportunity demonstrate your skills and upload your evidence from your own computer. Providing references, your resume or work history, and examples of work you have done will also help the recognition process and our trainer will give you opportunities to include these as evidence.
You don’t have to know it ALL to enrol in a skills recognition course. For every subject that you CAN prove your skills, we can give you a nationally recognised credit in that course. So even if you don’t quite have all the skills, we can provide you with credits on the subjects that you do, and offer training on anything you might need further assistance with a simple upgrade to our course content for any units that require it. You can get started with an RPL enrolment very quickly. As soon as we have processed your enrolment application you’ll be able to get started right away.
Online Traineeships in Certificate II in ICT30120 are now available and you may be eligible for funding towards this qualification. Traineeships are a great way to a foot in the door of an ICT job get your career moving.
If you would like more information about doing a traineeship with LearnMe please call our friendly course advisors on 1300 859 094 during business hours.
Successful LearnMe students
What Our Clients Say
I highly recommend LearnMe – they are responsive, efficient and go the extra mile!
LearnMe provides a simple and easily facilitated RPL process that gives credit to professional knowledge. Well done on your approach LearnMe.
Their courses were not only very helpful in allowing me to get qualified but they were also very informative and taught me a lot of useful information that I can apply in the future.
Recently completed a Cert III in IT and Digital Media at LearnMe. The trainers were great to deal with answering questions and providing assistance where needed.
Would highly recommend to anyone interested in IT Certs.
I am halfway through my course and I am very happy with the support and professionalism I have so far received. I initially approached a TAFE college to do the same course but did not find them easy to communicate with the team at Learn Me provided me with instant contact and set me up ready to start my course all on the same day. Thank you!